Domestic Routing/Shipment Information
At Putzmeister America, Inc. (Putzmeister), we strive to control inventory and transportation costs to enhance customer value. As a result, listed below are instructions for all shipments from a Putzmeister vendor when Putzmeister is responsible for the freight charges. These instructions do not apply if the vendor is responsible for the freight charges and ships freight prepaid.
- Vendors to ship to Putzmeister America - freight collect unless in product price.
- Vendor to ship to other vendors – freight third party billing to Putzmeister America, 1733 90th St. Sturtevant, WI 53177. On LTL and TL shipments for vendor to vendor, the bill of lading should reflect the vendor as the shipper with the third party instructions on the bill of lading.
- There should be no exceptions without prior approval of Putzmeister America. Please document whose approval given if not by the Putzmeister Shipping Manager or Supply Chain Manager.
- Send ground parcel shipments via UPS Ground freight collect, using Putzmeister’s account number. Putzmeister Shipping team will provide account information.
- If packages are of parcel size and weight and total shipment is over 150 lbs please ship LTL via Putzmeister Freight Forwarder, CH Robinson.
- It is assumed the shipper is familiar with UPS rules regarding size, weight and service regulations particularly oversize dimension categories and dimensional weight classifications. Oversize 1 and 2 category packages must be entered as such in your shipping systems prior to actual shipment. Corrections by UPS will be charged back to the vendor.
- Send airfreight less than 150 lbs via UPS if size allows.
- Vendor is to describe less than truckload freight on bills of lading using the appropriate National Motor Freight Classification item description. If you do not know, contact Putzmeister Shipping Team.
- Contact Putzmeister Shipping Team for routing at least 48 hours in advance under the following conditions:
- Shipment is 6 pallets or more, or
- Air shipment over 150 lbs or if over 130” in length and girth or over 108” in any one dimension, or
- Same Day air shipment, or
- Dedicated express truck shipments requiring special equipment like flatbeds or drop decks, or
- Total weight of shipment exceeds 8,000 lbs.
Vendors may be billed back all freight charges for failure to follow these routing instructions.
1. Use UPS Ground service collect for intrastate Wisconsin LTL shipments < 150 lbs ( if over 150 lbs coordinate with Putzmeister Freight Forwarder )
2. Use UPS Ground service to collect for all interstate LTL shipments < 150 lbs ( if over 150 lbs coordinate with Putzmeister Freight Forwarder )
3. Use UPS Freight Priority service collect for interstate Hot Rush shipments that do not need to go airfreight ( if over 150 lbs coordinate with Putzmeister Freight Forwarder )
Shipping and Logistics Specialist
Phone: 262-884-6248 or 262-939-0211
Phone: 262-884-6273 or 262-497-3134
Supervisor Material Planning